Unless poor performers are managed effectively the team can suffer. This unit seeks to examine the skills required to turn around the performance of underachivers.
What this unit covers:
- What makes people different?
- Identifying the different personalities we have within our teams (Belbin analysis).
- Is the balance right within our team?
- How do we motivate these different personalities: the P.E.T. factors?
- What causes conflict at work?
- Behavioral response to conflict: Aggression, Submission and Assertion.
- How do I act assertively?
- Handling problem employees.
- The critical nature of preparing what you want to say.
- Developing listening skills.
- What power do I have?
- How do others see me? : The Johari window.
- Emotional intelligence : have I got some?
- How do I deal with under-performing subordinates?
- Counselling persistent offenders.
- Following up the interview.
- The Leaders responsibilities under Employment law.
- Preparing and conducting disciplinary hearings.
- Do you know your disciplinary procedures?
Role-play is again an important element in this session.