Unit 4 : Introduction to Customer Service and the Supply Chain
The emphasis during this session is to get the team to conceptualise the whole supply chain, not just the role of their function. A failure in any link of the chain is a failure for the whole chain : whether they are responsible or not!
Amongst the things we cover are…
- What is the customer looking for from our organization?
- Attributes of a successful Customer Service function.
- Understanding Customers Wants and Needs.
- The supply chain : what are the links in the chain?
- What happens at the linkages in the chain.
- Bottlenecks ! What causes delays ?
Throughout the session we question the human and motivational factors inherent in making the supply chain work, and continually ask…How can you affect the quality of service?