Training and support at affordable prices.
Many years of experience in a wide range of industries.
Since 2002 our role has been to provide top class training and hands-on support in an affordable and convenient way.
In doing so, we can maximise the contribution that people make to improve their own organisations and to be the catalyst of improvement initiatives; by providing the most appropriate and up-to-date tools, techniques and support.
Responding to a changing world!
In response to the unique set of circumstances posed by the Covid-19 pandemic, it is important to give people the right tools and skills to thrive in a more challenging business environment.
What do we offer?
- Analysis: We help you to define how your business environment has changed.
- Expertise: We identify the best tools for tackling these changes.
- Solutions: We use our expertise to come up with the best solutions.
- Action: We develop a roadmap plan with you for implementing these solutions.
How do we deliver?
Increasingly, client requirements are for our support courses and mentoring to be delivered as a series of 1 or 2-hour digital webinars, delivered at a time and frequency to suit their convenience.
We believe this to be the most efficient and cost-effective mode of delivering training and support – particularly in these trying times.
We have the experience and specialist skills that enable our courses and support initiatives to be delivered using both traditional methods and the latest on-line and multi-media tools.
In this way companies can:
- Design an unique support programme that meets their exact needs and deliver state-of-the-art learning in the form and at delivery times that best suits them.
- Progress at a pace that least disrupts their day to day activities.
- Integrate work-based projects into the training, where they simultaneously deploy the techniques taught.
This is in line with…
‘The future of jobs report’ published by The World Economic Forum in October 2020 which stated:
- 50% of all employees will need reskilling.
- There has been a four-fold increase in the numbers of individuals seeking out opportunities for learning online.
- Employers expect to offer reskilling and upskilling to over 70% of their employees by 2025.
What expertise do we offer?
New range of courses
In addition to our long-standing range of Lean and Leadership courses, we have developed a series of modules which seek to enhance the strategic skills required to meet the demands of the post-Covid world.
These include:(click on the link for details).
- From Pandemic to Prosperity : Tools for recovery.
- Writing a Business Plan for the post-Covid world.
- Embrace and exploit the opportunities of Industry 4.0.
- The Lean Office: adjusting to changes caused by the pandemic.
- Communicating effectively with your colleagues.
- Innovation management : new Product and Process Development.
- Capacity and Inventory management in a post-Covid world.
- Supply Chain Management in the post-Covid world.
- Kaizen : continuous improvement tools and problem-solving skills.
- Project management in a post-Covid world.
- Time management in a post-Covid world.
- Leadership skills for the 2020’s
These new courses fit in perfectly with our tried and tested range of courses:
Dr. John’s Lean Toolkit
Based on techniques deployed, honed and optimised in over 200 companies in at least 15 industries, we have developed a series of tools and techniques to help companies achieve World Class standards.
What’s contained in the toolkit? (click for details).
Developing a safe and well-organised Workplace : The modular 5S programme.
Are you sweating your assets? : Maintenance best practice (T.P.M.).
Profit from product change efficiency : Grand Prix Style S.M.E.D. Changeovers.
Losing money from your Process Pipe? : Waste management.
Preventing things from going wrong : Failure Mode and Effects Analysis.
Removing inefficiency from your supply chain? : Value Stream Mapping.
How cost effective is your design process? : Design for manufacturing.
Can you make it at a profit? : Understanding your Process Capability.
- Reducing product and process variability using Statistical Process Control.
Problem solving in a systematic way.
- Capacity cascade analysis and the use of O.E.E. to prioritise improvement programmes.
More details of these and all the other courses we provide are outlined in the What We Offer section of the website.
Click the icon to view the full portfolio of courses.
Rapid ‘onboarding’ of new or redeployed staff.
Another service we offer is a ‘tailored onboarding service’ designed to rapidly absorb new staff in key skills.
In this way they add value to the organisation much faster than if left to adsorb these skills in a traditional fashion.
(Adsorption is simply the process of adhesion to the surface. Absorption is a phenomenon of complete integration.)
Programmes can be constructed to contain the most relevant aspects of the above portfolio of courses, so that these skills can be learnt effectively and delivered rapidly.
A Leader In The Industry
Our USP in all of this : making it easy for your organisation and your people to learn up-to-date skills using the most effective methods at the most convenient time!
Improvement techniques will focus on addressing specific business issues within your organisation so that their relevance can be clearly illustrated.
- People are being trained, but also being prepared to solve real business problems
- The modularised structure of our support programmes, allows for a practical project to run alongside the course
- Each module will be designed to suit the exact client needs for both content and delivery method.
“Dr. John Thomas has worked for DS Smith for over 20 years initially as an employee and latterly as a consultant, supplying operational improvement services such as Lean, 5S, Manufacturing Audits and various other training and consultancy services.
During his time with DS Smith, John transformed many of our sites into beacons of excellence, working with local managers and crews, building engagement and commitment so that the improvements have been sustained.
I would have no hesitation in recommending John for any business/operational transformation projects where engagement and pragmatic solutions are key.”
“Dr. John has delivered results within my businesses on numerous occasions. The great thing for me, is that John not only delivers results, but he makes it easy for me in doing so, as he is exceptionally good at quickly understanding how an organisation works, and focusing his efforts in the right places. He is able to work with everyone, from Line Operators to Managing Directors, which many may claim to be able to do, but few can actually do as well as John. I’ve experienced the good, the bad and the indifferent when it comes to external consultants over the years . . . & John is ‘excellent’ ! It’s all about results!”