Are you managing Projects as well as you could be?
What is a project?
The detailed arrangement of a series of activities required to transform a series of target objectives into working reality.
With the objective of completing the project :
To the specified standards.
How likely to succeed is the project?
It depends on whether you have the skills and tools to manage that project process!
This course increases the chances of a successful outcome because it forces you to examine:
- Is there pressure for change – is this internally or externally driven?
- Do the people leading the project have the necessary vision?
- Are the people involved competent to take on the project?
- Is there a culture of project management within the organisation?
- Is there a W.I.F.M. factor? (What’s in it for me!) to motivate the interested parties?
How long does the course last?
Duration : Delivered in bite-sized modules to met your exact requirements.
The modules are focused on exploring the fundamental principles of successful project management and incorporate a number of easy to apply, effective tools and techniques.
Click on the handle below to see the contents of a typical 4*3hr. modular course, recently designed for a key client.
This highly practical series of modules,based on a lifetime of experience in the field, are individually tailored to the client’s needs and provides the attendees with all the essential skills, tools and techniques that they will need to manage a project.
The course concentrates on the practical techniques that can be applied directly in their own workplace.
The courses are focused on exploring the fundamental principles of successful project management and incorporate a number of easy to apply, effective tools and techniques.
These techniques when applied in the workplace, will allow the attendees to become more confident and competent in managing a project.
A number of easy to use checklists and templates are also provided.
What skills will they have at the end?
At end of the course, participants will have:
- Knowledge of organisational behaviour issues that impact on project success.
- Knowledge of feasibility and risk management.
- Knowledge of project planning and control techniques to complete projects on time and to budget.
- Understanding of the key factors involved in forming and managing successful project teams
- Understanding of the application of motivational theories that enable project teams to perform.
- Understanding of the communication management and project reporting techniques required to ensure successful project completion.
Click on the summary below for a taster of the course content.
Typical Course content
(Content would be delivered in a series of modular courses to suit client needs).
A typical programme for a course would be :