Range of training services
In response to the unique set of circumstances posed by the Coronavirus epidemic, it is important to give people the skills to thrive in a more challenging business environment.
What do we offer?
Analysis: We help you to define how your business environment has changed.
Expertise: We identify the best tools for tackling these changes.
Solutions: We use our expertise to come up with the best solutions.
Action: We develop a roadmap plan with you for implementing these solutions.
How do we deliver these tools?
Increasingly, client requirements are for our support courses and mentoring to be delivered as a series of 1 or 2-hour on-line webinars delivered at a time and frequency to suit their convenience.
We believe this to be the most efficient and cost-effective mode of delivering training and support – particularly in these trying times.
After each session, the attendees are required to undertake targeted work-based exercises where they deploy the techniques they have been taught.
In this way companies can:
- Design a unique support programme that meets their exact needs.
- Progress at a pace that suits them and least disrupts their day to day activities.
This complements ‘The future of jobs report’ published by The World Economic Forum in August 2023 which stated:
- Employers expect that six in 10 workers will require training and up-skilling before 2027, but only half of workers are seen to have access to adequate training opportunities today.
- There has been a four-fold increase in the numbers of individuals seeking out opportunities for learning online.
- Analytical and creative thinking, along with problem solving remain the most important skills for workers.
What expertise do we offer?
New range of courses
In addition to our long-standing range of Lean and Leadership courses, we have developed a series of modules which seek to enhance the strategic, analytical and problem-solving skills required to meet the demands of the post-Covid world.
These include:(click on the link for details).
- From Pandemic to Prosperity : refocusing your business strategy.
- Writing a Business Plan for the post-Covid world.
- Embrace and exploit the opportunities of Industry 4.0.
- The Unexpected Project Manager.
- Communicating effectively with your colleagues.
- Innovation management : new Product and Process Development.
- Capacity and Inventory management in a digital world.
- Supply Chain Management in the digital world.
- Kaizen : continuous improvement tools and problem-solving skills.
- The Lean Office: adjusting to hybrid working arrangements.
- Project management in a post-Covid and digital world.
- Time management in a post-Covid world.
- Leadership skills for the 2020’s
Click the icon to view the full portfolio of courses.
Rapid ‘onboarding’ of new or redeployed staff.
Another service we offer is a ‘tailored onboarding service’ designed to rapidly absorb new staff in key skills.
In this way they add value to the organisation much faster than if left to adsorb these skills in a traditional fashion.
(Adsorption is simply the process of adhesion to the surface. Absorption is a phenomenon of complete integration.)
Programmes can be constructed to contain the most relevant aspects of the above portfolio of courses, so that these skills can be learnt effectively and delivered rapidly.