Unit 8 : Meeting skills
Amongst things we examine in this unit are..
- The key role that meetings play in developing a team.
- Preparing and organising a meeting.
- Getting the message across.
- The roles people adopt in meetings (Fixers, Hedgers and Assassins) : how do we handle them?
- Organising a corrective action team meeting.
- Overcoming resistance to change.
- Ensuring what we agreed gets done!
Role-play is used throughout this session to illustrate what can go wrong and to teach people how to avoid getting into difficult situations; and how to get out of them!
Throughout this session we again investigate specific business problems and get the participants to use the meeting techniques to discuss problems, which are relevant, to them : often exposing new light on ongoing situations.