What is a project?
The detailed arrangement of a series of activities required to transform a series of target objectives into working reality.
With the objective of completing the task:
To the specified standards.
How likely to succeed is the project?
It depends on whether you have the skills and tools to manage that project process!
Client quote : Ms. Maria Sparrow : HR and Training Manager. Woodpecker Flooring Plc.
Having worked with Dr John previously at another company, there was only one person to turn to when I was asked to arrange a Project Management course for our Management Team. Dr John’s training is so unique, due to his exceptional level of experience, plus there was an added bonus, as Dr. Rhian Thomas co-delivered the course too!
Our management team came armed with their ‘projects’ ready to apply the techniques clearly demonstrated by Dr John and Rhian over 3 separate sessions.
From the very first session, we instantly witnessed the impact the Project Management training was having on the team’s KPI’s. We observed reductions in departmental overheads; refined internal processes; improved confidence levels in the management team; teambuilding; collaboration; and the entire management team came away speaking a new ‘project management’ language.
The benefits have been immense, so thanks Dr John and Rhian for delivering an exceptional course which is adding so much value to our business as a whole.
This course increases the chances of a successful outcome because it forces you to examine:
- Is there pressure for change – is this internally or externally driven and have these pressures increased as a result of the pandemic?
- Do the people leading the project have the necessary vision?
- Are the people involved competent to take on the project?
- Is there a culture of effective project management within the organisation?
- Is there a W.I.F.M. factor? (What’s in it for me!) to motivate the interested parties?
How long does the course last?
Duration : This course is best delivered in bite-sized modules to met your exact requirements – it depends on your needs!
The highly practical series of modules are individually tailored to the client’s needs and provides the attendees with all the essential skills, tools and techniques that they will need to manage a project.
The course concentrates on the practical techniques that can be applied directly in their own workplace.
The modules are focused on exploring the fundamental principles of successful project management and incorporate a number of easy to apply, effective tools and techniques.
Click on the handle below to see the contents of a typical 4*3hr. modular course, recently designed for a key client.
Modular Project Management course.
These techniques when applied in the workplace, will allow the attendees to become more confident and competent in managing a project.
A number of easy to use checklists and templates are also provided.
What skills will they have at the end?
At end of the course, participants will have:
- Knowledge of organisational behaviour issues that impact on project success.
- Knowledge of feasibility and risk management.
- Knowledge of project planning and control techniques to complete projects on time and to budget.
- Understanding of the key factors involved in forming and managing successful project teams
- Understanding of the application of motivational theories that enable project teams to perform.
- Understanding of the communication management and project reporting techniques required to ensure successful project completion.
Click on the summary below for a taster of the course content.
A taster of project management
Typical Course content
(Content would be delivered in a series of modules to meet client needs).
A typical programme for a course would be :
Project Management basic version
Session plan for Project Planning and control advanced version