bjective of the Lean Leader initiative.
We have constructed a programme that combines…
- Developing a range of hard skills based on key Lean Manufacturing methodologies that the Leaders would need in their roles, withâ€¦.
- Developing the soft skills of Leadership that the team leaders would require to most effectively implement the techniques taught in (i.).
We continually emphasise the intertwining nature of these 2 elements: Changing one of these elements will have repercussions on the other and vice versa.
Quite often the massive cost benefits offered by introducing Lean techniques (such as Workplace Organisation , Quick Changeovers , Waste reduction and Productive Maintenance systems) into your business are lost, because first line and middle management do not have the necessary skills to sustain the Lean programme.
This unique course is designed to solve that problem.
The course format combines the most useful aspects of modern Lean Techniques with the Leadership skills needed to realise the benefits offered by those techniques.
It is aimed at teaching people effective World Class Manufacturing methods plus the means of deploying them efficiently and effectively.
Format of the course
These key skills are delivered through Presentations, Team exercises, Workshops and Role-play.
Emphasis is on giving the trainees simple but practical tools that can be put to use immediately.
This course is normally delivered as a series of 3 * 1day workshops separated 2-3 weeks apart.
During the intervening period attendees are encouraged and mentored to implement small-step improvements in their areas of responsibility, based on what they learnt at the previous workshop.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for first-line supervisors, team leaders and middle-management in ..
- Manufacturing and service sector businesses.
- Small, Medium-sized and Large organisations.
Although a previous understanding of Lean techniques would be useful, it is not essential.
Click on the tab for full course details
If you have any questions please ..
- Use the contact facility on the website
- Ring us on 07900 982524
These modules are generally, to beÂ delivered on a 1 session per monthÂ basis, allowing the attendees to undertake some project work based around the themes taught in-between the sessions.
The various units can be removed/modified according to the specific customers requirements.
All of the improvement techniques taught are based on addressing specific business issues relevant to the business (e.g. Layout optimisation, Machine throughput issues, Quality complaints, Absence management, Downtime etc.) so that their relevance can be clearly illustrated.
A lot of the course involves specific training exercises undertaken on the shop floor.
Companies who have taken part in this initiative include :
1. Peters Food Services in Caerphilly.
2. D.S. Smith Packaging Plants at Abbey Blunham, Belper, Celtic, Devizes, Kettering, Fordham, Launceston, Livingston, Lockerbie, Monmouth and Multigraphics Bradford.
3. A similar course was rolled out for Carlisle Brake Products in Cwmbran.
4. A Lean Leader course was delivered for a consortium of 3 companies in Pembrokeshire, West Wales.
By integrating various workforces in this way, the companies were not only able to learn from the teaching and the practical shop-floor sessions but also by comparing best practices.
Some of the participants described this (3 * 1 day sessions) initiative as the best course they had ever been on!
Lean Leader courses have also been delivered at the following locations :
5. RPC Plastics in Llantrisant.
6. Cambrian Printers in Aberystwyth.
7. Burtons Foods in Cwmbran.
8. Kingspan in various locations in Continental Europe.